Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Of Coffee Dates And Kindred Spirits







All photos courtesy of Taylor (and her mom!)

Welcome to my freshly "spring-cleaned" and updated blog!   After years of the same general blog style, it twas high time to invest in a fresh look and design that is a bit more "me."  And I couldn't be happier with it!  As I anticipate having a bit more free time in my life, I look forward to moving forward and growing my blog again after the "hiatus" that was grad school and residency.

It seems fitting that my first post on this updated blog design is one about the start of a wonderful "real life" friendship that has sprung from one that started (how many years, Taylor? lol!)... well, we'll just say several years ago!  My sweet friend Taylor (of the blog Anticipation) and I had the amazing opportunity to meet up for a sit-down coffee date at the most adorable little coffee shop.  After being "blog friends" for so long, I knew that we had a lot in common as far as creativity and style goes, but the minute we sat down to talk, it was easy and natural... just like we had been the best of friends for years.  And I can truly say I've found another kindred spirit.  We talked photography (and my need for more skill in that area! ha!), Downton Abbey (swoon), blogging, crafts and creativity, jobs, coffee shops, family, and soon, we were planning many future exciting adventures and trips!  We had a wonderful time, and I can't wait for the next adventure.  It was simply a wonderful day and one to be remembered!


Taylor is seriously talented, and made these adorable watercolor cards for me (recognize the saying on the front?  Take a peek at my "about me" page!).  I adore them!  Check out her creative talents HERE.

In other news, I've been thinking a lot about blogging and getting excited and motivated creatively, which is always an awesome feeling.  I'm also in the midst of house-hunting which is probably one of the most stressful experiences ever.  The mortgage approval part was actually easier than I thought, but actually "finding" a house is proving to be tricky!  But in the meantime, I've been able to find a few new things for my new house, whenever I find it.  So exciting!

Kerri



1 comment:

  1. I love the title of this post! And everything you said, I couldn't agree with more. Cheers to friendship, creativity and fueling inspiration!! 💕

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments!