Thursday, March 24, 2016

Anne Of Green Gables






One of the things I was most looking forward to after residency was having some time to read for fun.  I bought this beautiful copy of Anna Rifle Bond's version of Anne of Green Gables last year, but never really had a chance to get beyond chapter 2.  I just picked it up again.  If you've never read it, I'd highly recommend it.  I grew up reading the series and also own all of the DVDs with Megan Follows.  I wanted to be Anne and Diana, running through the beautiful fields and woods, feeling free  and inspired, with imagination flowing freely.  I have to say that I was blessed enough to have a childhood that was somewhat similar.  And reading this book again makes all of those beautiful memories come back to me.  The story is beautifully written, bringing each story alive and painting a picture of beautiful, wholesome, and simple surroundings.  I have always said, I wish I could just go back to that time, where life was exceedingly less complicated.

So my friends, I'd highly recommend making time to pour yourself a cup of tea (in a real teacup, of course), pulling out a copy of the book, and letting yourself enjoy the beautiful world of Anne.

 Kerri


1 comment:

Thank you for your sweet comments!