Thursday, December 5, 2013

Dansko Darling: The New Santa Fe Collection!

A few weeks ago, one of my all-time favorite companies contacted me to see if I (and a classmate!) would like to review their new Shayla style active shoe from the Santa Fe Collection.  I was in the middle of rounding on my patients, and almost squealed with delight, because I am a die-hard fan of Dansko shoes!

So here's the deal about Dansko shoes in general.  I have scoliosis (a slight lateral curvature of your spine) and have had some other back and knee problems in recent years (yes, old lady here!).  I need all the support in my shoes that I can get.  It might not be glamorous, but that's the way it is, especially when spending long days and nights on your feet.  I bought a pair of Dansko clogs several years ago (have the Grey Prism already, and now really want these), and let me tell you, I was IMPRESSED.  They have gotten me through some insanely intense rotations like trauma and surgery.

So I was really excited to try the "tennis shoe" style of the Santa Fe Collection, and as soon as I put them on, I was like... "oh yes... these are amazing."  The arch support can't be beat, and after running around in them for 3 days of 12 hour shifts in the ER, I'm even more of a Dankso cheerleader!


I have particularly unattractive scrubs on.  I have a problem finding scrubs that are LONG enough, and unfortunately end up having to wear mediums or larges so I have the length, but I drown in them! #tallgirlprobs

Aren't they cute?! I love the colors!



  • Incredible arch support and slip resistance
  • Superior energy return and shock absorption
  • Scotchgard™ for long-lasting stain resistance
  • Dri-Lex® Eco-linings and Cleansport NXT® for wicking and odor control
  • Made with soft and lush Nubuck leather- easy to wipe off when in the OR or ER!
  • A large selection of bright and fun colors- let's be honest, we have to have some fun with our shoes when our scrubs are pretty unattractive!

For any of you in medicine, I would HIGHLY recommend putting them on your Santa List this year. :) You won't be disappointed!

Until next time!
P.S.  Apparently those "rumors" that Google Friend Connect was going to disappear were just that- rumors.  So I've added the gadget back to my sidebar for those that prefer to use that to Bloglovin!

*The Shayla shoes from the Santa Fe collection were given to me for review compliments of Dansko.  All opinions are my own.  If you couldn't tell, I'm a fan. And you should be too! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the colors in those sneakers, they look super comfortable.
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are super cute! I need some new tennis shoes...I will definitely look into these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! How cute is that tutu mug! ;) I followed you on gfc. http://www.smizewithstyle.com/2013/12/white-christmas.html

    ..sorrry for the lost of your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments!