Saturday, July 6, 2013

Mid-Summer Professional Style

Hello friends!

I'm back for another post... and hopefully will be more regular in posting from now on! Fingers crossed anyway!  :)  So I'm not sure about you, but the recent 4th of July sales were AMAZING and I found some brilliant new finds to add to my wardrobe.  J. Crew and Banana Republic have been very good to me lately with their amazing sales (plus student discounts!).  So of course, I have to share with you!

Also, I've been thinking about something lately.  I have always loved classic styles.  I've never been one for really trendy clothes that quickly come and go, and I have always gravitated towards stores that carry more classic pieces (hence my love affair with J. Crew, Banana Republic, Tommy, and Ralph Lauren, and even random finds from TJ Maxx and such). In fact, I still have a number of dresses from high school that I love every bit as much now as I did then- and that was awhile ago now!  They are classic and I have definitely gotten my wear out of them and will continue to do so. 

Anyway, I had an interesting conversation with someone the other day that basically got me thinking that classy and elegant style isn't really prevalent anymore.  I'm a huge fan of lady-like manners and classy, elegant style, and unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the "norm" these days.  So I'm going to start up some posts dedicated not only to professional style (as I mentioned before), but just to classy, elegance in general.  I am at the stage in life where I am pursuing all things professional, and I hope that my day-to-day wear reflects that.  Fashion is also my creative outlet, and I thoroughly enjoy planning outfits! I hope you'll join me on this endeavor!

So back to my J. Crew sale finds... I found an absolutely adorable belt that is sort of a blush pink color which with the extra 40% off sale plus my 15% discount, came down to $7.  Yeppers... you heard that right.  I can't wait to style it with my cropped pants for work!  I also found an adorable pocket mirror in one of the recent Liberty of London for J. Crew prints, and quickly snatched it up.  It's SOOOO cute and I adore the bird print.  It came down to $3! I was so thrilled.  And last, but definitely not least, I picked up a top I have been eyeing since it came out in late spring/early summer.  The thistle print pop-over in those gorgeous blues was a definite steal and came down to $20 with all the discounts.  Can't beat that!  Unfortunately online it is still $68, so shopping in-store definitely has its perks.

Anyway! I put together a good mid-summer professional outfit with my new top, and can't wait to wear it later this week.  With the insane heat we've been having, it's a good way keep it comfortable but classy!

 Thistle-print popover//J.Crew  *  Skinny Patent Belt//J.Crew  *  Liberty of London Pocket Mirror//J. Crew {in store only}

 Adorable, is it not?!



 J. Crew Inspired Mixed Crystal Necklace//VeryJane * Betty Sunglasses//Anthropologie * Skimmer Pant//J. Crew Factory * Summer Grace Fragrance//Philosophy

Well friends! I hope you all have a wonderful week.  I will be pretty busy with working as usual, but boy, am I ever grateful to have a chance to wear normal clothes again and actually be able to sleep and eat on a normal schedule. :)  

Cheers!
 

5 comments:

  1. All of your purchases are too cute! I especially LOVE the necklace.

    Jenni
    thebeautifullittlefools.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your purchases! That shirt is to die for! I might have to go pick it up in pink.

    Xoxo,

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. That thistle print is really cute. I've looked at it a couple of times in the store but haven't taken the plunge and purchased it. I love the way you've styled it!

    SHF
    thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments!