Monday, July 15, 2013

Dressing for the Young Professional: Black Skimmer Pants

I've become obsessed with J. Crew cafe capri and skimmer pants, because being as tall as I am, I have a hard time finding pants that are long enough.  And well, when they're cropped, you don't have to worry about that! :)  I bought my first pair of black skimmer pants awhile ago, and they are really perfect for work.  I styled them with my new favorite LOFT lace shirt and blush J. Crew belt and switched up the look with a different necklace.  Classic with a fun twist!





Top//LOFT (found in-store, but they have it in a print online) * Skimmer Pants//J.Crew Factory * Patent Belt//J.CrewPastel Necklace//VeryJane * Periwinkle Necklace//Bass Outlet Store (Loving this one!)

Hope you all have good week!  I'm busy writing a paper, studying surgery, and seeing patients!

Cheers,


4 comments:

  1. AMEN for skimmer pants, lady! Haha I am nearly 6' and love shorts/crop season!! Happy Monday :)

    xoxo, Steph
    www.whitecoatwardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I third the yay for skimmer pants! I love the length. I am 5'10" so I've got tall girl problems. I love how you styled the lace and statement necklace together...just perfect!

    Lauren
    Style of One's Own

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely have an opposite problem... I'm not short, but my torso is long & my legs are short in comparison so cropped pants are completely awkward on me. They usually look like regular pants that are just a bit too short. I need either capris or trousers for the office. I have a similar cream top with crochet/lace from J.Crew last year, so I'm definitely going to do a copy cat outfit soon!

    Charlee Anne @ The Preppy Graduate

    ReplyDelete
  4. in love with your new necklace!

    if you want to win a FOSSIL sunglasses go to
    www.lessismoreblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments!